Greetings from Our Lady of Grace International School. We are excited about the physical reopening of school for the 2020 – 2021 school year for grades 6 to 12, despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
The resumption of classes begins on September 8th, 2020 at 7:50 a.m. We will strictly adhere to all the Ministry of Health’s protocols and these additional precautionary measures designed by OLGIS.
- First Week: September 8th to 14th, 2020 (7:50 to 8:30 – daily orientation and training for students). It is mandatory that all students wear masks before entering the school’s premises.
- Second Week: September 14th to October 2nd, 2020. School begins at 7:50 a. m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Allowed time for recess is twenty minutes. Kindly make sure that your child/children have snacks. The canteen will start operating from October. However, pies, water, and juice are available in the cafeteria.
- The school would appreciate that all parents make sure their children showed no symptoms of regular flu nor other ailments before being brought to school. Your cooperation on this matter is a must.
- On arrival, parents and drivers should remain in the car; students’ temperature will be checked while seated in their cars; they will be asked to respect social distancing marks and wash their hands before being permitted to enter classes.
- In the event a child has a temperature, he/she will be kept at the nurse’s station. Parents will be contacted for immediate pickup. The safety of our students, teachers, and staff is our top priority.
- There will be social distancing during school hours, several pocket stations of handwashing, and regular temperature checks during the day.
- Training of teachers and staff to maintain the highest safety standards and orient students to practice at best, all safety measures put in place by the school is ongoing.
The school has updated the students’ and parents’ information. Kindly visit the school’s website on: (www.olgis.org/application) to update your child/children's information. It is a must.
If you need additional information, kindly call the school’s administration.
Your cooperation is highly appreciated!
Father Maroun Zogheib (Ph. D)